As reported by ESPN.com's Chris Mortenson, Utah defensive tackle Star Lotulelei will miss Monday's NFL combine after an echocardiogram discovered a heart condition that will force the 6-foot-2, 311-pounder to undergo further testing.
The echocardiogram found that Lotulelei, who is expected to be a top-5 pick in the 2013 NFL Draft and has even been pegged by some to be the No. 1 overall selection, is suffering from an abnormally low Ejection Fraction, which causes his heart to pump at a much lower efficiency than normal.
We here at On The Clock 101 would like to extend our thoughts and prayers to Lotulelei as he visits a specialist in Salt Lake City later this week for more testing.
- Be sure to "like" On The Clock 101 on Facebook and follow On The Clock 101 on Twitter.
- Be sure to "like" Sports Media 101 on Facebook and to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter.
- Be sure to "like" Magic 101 on Facebook and to follow Magic 101 on Twitter to read more of Josh McKinney's work.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- 2013 NFL Draft: Florida Defensive Tackle Sharrif Floyd
- 2013 NFL Combine – Wide Receiver Prospect Keenan Allen to Miss Combine Due to Knee Injury
- 2013 NFL Draft: Jasper Collins of Mount Union Among 2013 NFL Combine Snubs
- NFL Combine 2013: Marcus Lattimore Set to Shock the World?
- 2013 NFL Combine: Aptitude Test to Join Wonderlic Test in Scouting Process for 2013 NFL Draft
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/qgl