Tennessee wide receiver Cordarrelle Patterson could be the first wide receiver taken in the 2013 draft. At this point in draft preps, Patterson seems to be settling in somewhere inside the top 20, with the Miami Dolphins often connected to him with the number 12 pick.
The 6-3, 205-pound wide out has a tremendous skill set and possibly more importantly is still developing as a receiver. Patterson is a physical wide out, who understands how to use his size and athleticism to gain separation and make the tough catch. Complete with solid hands, deceptive speed and a high football acumen he could easily develop into a number one wide receiver in the NFL.
While his numbers in 2012 were not eye popping, 46 receptions for 778 yards and 5 touchdowns, he proved he was dangerous any time he had the ball in his hands. He is a dynamic return man that set the record for all-purpose yards in a season with 1,858 and added five more touchdowns as a rusher or returner.
Patterson does lack a ton of experience in major college football after transferring to Tennessee from Hutchinson Community College where he was a record setting receiver. During his career in the JUCO ranks, he was a man among boys, recording 113 receptions, for 1,832 yards and 36 total touchdowns.
Often compared to Julio Jones or Dwayne Bowe (with return skills), after only one season at Tennessee, he is raw and is still a work in progress with his route tree, but could come in and make an impact early. Especially for a team that could use a solid Red Zone target and return man.
- Be sure to "like" On The Clock 101 on Facebookand follow On The Clock 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to "like" Steelers 101 on Facebookand to follow Steelers 101 on Twitter
- Be sure to “like” Sports Media 101 on Facebookand to follow Sports Media 101 on Twitter
- Help with the Hurricane Sandyrelief effort. Text REDCROSS to 90999 to donate $10 to go towards the Red Cross Disaster Relief.
Related VideosReturning Soon!!!!
- Four Wide Receivers That Could Hear Their Name Called on Day One of the NFL Draft
- 2013 NFL Draft: Tennessee Quarterback Tyler Bray
- 2013 NFL Draft: Jasper Collins of Mount Union Among 2013 NFL Combine Snubs
- 2013 NFL Draft: Will Tyler Eifert of Notre Dame Be the First Tight End Off the Board
- 2013 NFL Draft: North Carolina State Quarterback Mike Glennon
Short URL: http://sport-ne.ws/ptw